What meaning does the term "School Magazine" convey to the public schoolboy of to-day? Does it signify merely a record of events, or an account of the progress of the school life in its various branches for a certain period of time? Yes, our Magazine is all this, but it is something more, something greater than this. It contains part of the traditions of a great school — it is, or should be, a proof of our progression, a proof that we are upholding those traditions handed down to us by our predecessors.
Just as the "Annals," a history of the School from its foundation, should stir us all to follow in the footsteps of those who have gone before us, so should the records contained in the School Magazine of the present day act as an incentive to those who are doing but little for the School, to follow the example of their more loyal school-fellows and to play their part. The Magazine should arouse a feeling of pride, not of self-pride, but of pride for his school, in the heart of every school-boy, past or present, who reads its pages.
Our Magazine is also one of the greatest bonds of union of the Old Boys' Association, keeping the Old Boys interested, not only in the achievements of their old school-fellows, but also in the work being done by the present boys of that School, whose reputation they have helped to make, of that School which will never degenerate so long as it holds to its motto — "Nil Sine Labore."
"There's nothing accomplished by sluggard or craven, / 'Tis valour and effort alone that prevail; / Then deep in the heart let this truth be engraven, / To strengthen the spirit when dangers assail, / Though brave be the story that tells of all glory, / 'Nil Sine Labore.' 'Nil Sine Labore.'"
The 27th Annual General Meeting (November 1925) was chaired by the President, Mr. Percy L. Hart. The meeting elected Mr. H. W. R. (Wilton) Love as President for 1925–26, and Dr. A. H. Marks as Vice-President; Mr. J. G. Nowlan continued as Hon. Secretary & Treasurer.
Old Boys' Association (Founded 1898).
No award. The Reginald Heber Roe Memorial Bursary had not yet been founded (first award 1933).
Both 1925 issues carry Old Boys' registers; not reproduced here.
Source: The Brisbane Grammar School Magazine, June 1925 and November 1925 (two termly issues, combined). Notation: Bracketed "(year)" = year of ENTRY. (No R. H. Roe Bursary before 1933.) School Captain 1925: A. H. Job (first-named Prefect; prefects included A. T. Weedon and C. G. Austin). Head Master: F. S. N. Bousfield.
In this era, an Old Boy's year designation was the year he entered Grammar; the convention today is the year he finished. A boy who started in 1993 and finished in 1997 was (93) but is now '97.

Brisbane Grammar School Old Boys' Association · Old Boys History. Part of the OBA Knowledge Project.
Draft site for committee review. Spot an error or hold a missing piece? Tell the OBA